Welcome to WECANACCESS Academy.
In this toolkit, you will learn how to create a more inclusive and accessible learning environments.
Whether you are a teacher, classroom assistant, head teacher or allied professional, this toolkit will show you how to assess your learning environment and identify what you can do to ensure your pupils can learn what you want to teach them.
Often small changes make a big difference to how you, or your students, access a place and their education. These changes do not have to involve weeks of training or expensive resources, it might be as simple as asking pupils to change their behaviour slightly, or moving the furniture around! We will help you with the WeCanAccess Framework and don’t forget you can find ongoing advice and support on our conversation boards here, whenever you need it.
This course is for all educators.
We will discuss:
- what inclusion and accessibility means
- why people are considered to be ‘disabled’
- how to create an enabling environment
Following this course you will be able to:
- Identify the challenges pupils might face when trying to learn
- Identify practical, realistic measures to improve access to learning
- Create a more positive and inclusive learning environment
Following this course, additional help is available at wecanaccess.com.
Join our community at WECANACCESS and help make the world a more accessible place for all.
UN Sustainable Development GoalsThis lesson is linked to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
– Goal 4 Quality Education
– Goal 10 Reduced Inequalities